Saturday, July 5, 2008

Vegas...the Sequel

So after last night's enthusiasm over my new blog, I began to wonder how well this idea was going to work, because, let's face it...it's not every day that something so funny happens that it's worth writing about. Sometimes weeks go by and nothing happens - or we're just too involved in our own lives to pay any attention. This afternoon, however, my worries were laid to rest, as hilarity waited for me right around the corner...literally.

I've been needing a hair cut for about a week now, and since the weather had cooled a little due to the recent rain, I decided that a leisurely stroll to the much acclaimed "Express Clips" would fit the bill nicely. Not knowing exactly where it was, I took a path that was slightly out of the way to get there, which was just fine. I went ahead and took the slightly shorter path home though, and I'm soooooo glad that I did, for two reasons: 1) I found another liquor store. (We're a dry county, see, which means that the grocery stores don't sell anything but wine and beer, and those of you who know me well know that I have a fondness for margies...) 2) On the corner of Fairview Rd. and Harrison Bridge Rd. stood not only a little girl with a blue bucket, but her big brother and her father, this time holding a neon pink sign that read in big black lettering "HELP ME DANCE IN VEGAS!" The movement had spread to my own town! And now the whole family was involved in making their little girl's dreams come true. It's like that Reba McIntyre song "Fancy," where the family is really poor so the mom turns her daughter out as a prostitute.

I held back the giggles and gave her a dollar.

No comments: